Governments, as well as consumer groups, want to move the packaging industry towards a Circular Economy. The industry is forced to innovate materials and processes to reduce packaging and to make it recyclable or reusable. Innovative packaging solutions can save food, extend its life and provide safety from toxicity. Packaging that is not harmful to the environment and can be recycled or is biodegradable is the need of the day.
Squaring the Circle of Responsible Packaging
Extended Producer Responsibility and the Circular Economy require innovation, design and technology — to collectively review and adapt to new processes and materials to Square the Circle. PDIT 2019 aims to bring together leading exponents from the various parts of the industry to review the latest on offer in terms of Active & Intelligent Packaging and Design & Innovation alongside leading brand owners and statutory authorities and consumer interest groups. The second PDIT Conference will again provide an atmosphere for meaningful discussion and interaction. It promises to be a knowledge event with take-home value.
- Welcome and Introduction to the theme of the conference — Deepak Manchanda. Former Head of Packaging at Oriflame, Dabur and Ranbaxy Consultant, The Packaging Consortium
- Squaring the Circle of Responsible Packaging – Challenges for the Industry — Speaker to be announced.
- Smart Packaging — its role in the development of the Indian Packaging Sector — Andrew Manly, Communications Director, AIPIA
Challenges for Brand Managers
- Emerging Role of Modern Packaging for competitiveness, convenience and Extended Producer Responsibility — Session Chairman Barun Banerji, Nestle; Panel — Harshal Parakh, Parakh Agro; Colgate, Emami, Coca Cola, GSK and Balaji (tbc)
Updates on current regulatory framework
- Plastic Waste Management Rules — Update on EPR – S. Chidambar, Senior Packaging Cosultant Formerly from Uflex, Max
- Update on FSSAI Safe Food Packaging Guidelines / Statutary Guidelines for package labeling and marking — Dr Prabodh Halde, Head Regulatory, Marico
- Role of Active Packaging in Safe Food and Saving Food — Prasanna Sukhi, Kezzler India
Design, Innovation & Technology — Case Studies & Awards
- Theme Presentation — Initiatives in design & innovation – Shyam Sundar BK, Chief Designer, Tata Elxsi.
- Trends in new design thinking — Anand Khare — Consultant, PMP. Formerly Head Innovation at ACG (tbc).
- Case study presentations by brand owners and convertors and design studios for recognition in design, innovation and technology categories.
- Design — excellence in graphics, illustration and print; Innovation — originality of format, convenience and idea; and Technology — holistic system based development of material, process and concept.
- FlexFresh Solution for fresh produce — N Siva Shankar, Uflex.
- Presentations on EPR initiatives for waste management — Amit Saha, Sustainability Practitioner, Founder PRO India.
- Managing MLP waste at Uflex — Jeevraj Pillai/Shubhi Sachan, Sustainability Officer, Uflex Ltd.
- Initiatives towards ERP and recycling MLP waste — Rakesh Kumar, GM North India, Recykal.
Session Chairman Andrew Manly.
- Developments in active and smart packaging — Roland Lartigue, GM, Toppan Europe.
- Emerging trends in recyclable flexible packs — Shailesh Nema, MD, Michelman.
- Up-cycling post-consumer waste — Tetrapak (tbc)..
- Evolution of brandprotection — Ashok Chandak, NXP
Closing remarks and summing up / Jury Awards for Design, Innovation & Technology Case Study presentations
[easy_media_download url="http://localhost/ippstar/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Brochure-PDIT2-V12.pdf" text="Download brochure-PDIT2 Conference" width="350" height="50"
[easy_media_download url="http://localhost/ippstar/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/PDIT-Packaging-awards-Nomination-form.pdf" text="Download brochure-PDIT2 Awards" width="350" height="50"